Last Updated April 7, 2022
ArtistShare processes information of those that visit the Site in order to effectively run our business and to administer and provide our Services and its content to our users.
What We Collect
In order for you to use our Services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, you may need to create a User Account with ArtistShare . You may decline to create a User Account or to provide us with your information; however this will limit your ability to use our Services.
Depending on your use of the Services, the information we collect and process may include:
• Information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register a User Account on the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information.
• Your login and password details, in connection with the User Account sign-in process.
• Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services.
• Information about your activity on an interaction with ArtistShare, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use.
• Communications you send to us, for example, when you ask for customer support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem.
• Information that you submit to ArtistShare in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
• Information you provide when you post reviews or ratings (likes and dislikes).
• Your use of our Services, search history, playlist, and watchlist history.
• All correspondence related to your communications with ArtistShare .
Categories of Personal Information Collected
• Your name, User Account name, email address, phone number and IP address.
• Personal information such as banking and credit card information.
• Transaction information and content streaming activity.
• Location of your device.
• Search history and preference information.
• Activity information related to your use when you visit and use the site.
ArtistShare may use this information for reasons such as, to communicate with Users about their User Account and transactions, to improve and promote ArtistShare Services, marketing and promotion, to assist ArtistShare improve its Services, and to allow for personalized content, security and compliance.
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other Users:
• Any payment information you provide.
• Your password details.
• Your IP address.
• Your phone number.
• Communications you send to us, for example, when you email us questions or comments, or report a problem.
We don't give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it's necessary to provide ArtistShare's Services (like if we partner with payment processors). When we share data with third-party services in connection with our delivery of the ArtistShare Services, we require that they protect your personal information to the same standards we do. We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect ArtistShare's legal rights.
When you create a User Account, we may create a basic profile page for you on the Site, containing your User Account name, the date the User Account was created, and a list of Projects you have supported. Whenever your User Account name appears on the Site, people may click your User Account name to see your profile. The profile is not searchable on the Site or via search engines like Google. Here are some of the things that may be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on the Site:
• The User Account name, and the date it was created.
• Any information you choose to add to your profile such as a picture, bio, or your location.
• Projects you've Contributed to (but not Contribution amounts or offers chosen).
• If you have "Liked" a Project update.
Please note that each Project Page may list the community of users who have supported Project. If you don't want others to see your name in a Project's Fans list, choose a User Account name that is not identifiable (e.g., SuperFan02).
What's Shared with Artists
When you support a Project, the associated Artist will know your User Account name, the amount of Support you have provided, and any associated Rewards. The associated Artist will receive the email address associated with your User Account along with other information required to provide your Reward (e.g., name and mailing address). Artists do not receive Fans' credit card details or other payment information.
Uses Of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
• Identify you when you sign in to your User Account.
• Enable us to provide you with the Services, as well as to improve and promote the Services.
• We will retain your usage history and use details of the pages you have previously visited to make suggestions which we believe you will also be interested in.
• We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
• We will keep a record of the articles and clips on our website that you have clicked on and use that information to target advertising on this website to you that is relevant to your interests, which we have identified based on what you have read and watched.
• Send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences.
• Present Projects to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services.
• Administer your User Account with us.
• Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services.
• Analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services.
• Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not and will not sell your data. You can choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
Users Outside the United States
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. By using ArtistShare Services and visiting the Site, you consent to your information being transferred to the United States and as described in this Policy.
General Data Protection Program (GDPR)
This Section applies to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Data Protection rights under the GDPR:
- The right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
- The right to avoid automated decision making- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. ‘Profiling’ means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
ArtistShare is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please complete the Data Privacy Options Data Request Form (insert hyperlink to PDF) and submit the completed form to us through our Contact Us form. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
When you visit the Site or use the Services, ArtistShare collects, uses, share your personal information as described in this Policy. ArtistShare relies on a number of legal bases to use your information in these ways. These legal bases include:
3. A legitimate interest, such as fraud prevention, providing or improving our Services to Users, or customizing a User’s on-site experience. Another legitimate interest includes processing information to facilitate the Offer process between a Artist and Fan.
4. A vital interest, such as a processing activity to save a person’s life or in an emergency medical care situation.
5. A legal requirement, such as for a legal obligation, such as a court order or to defend an asserted legal claim.
6. A public interest, such as where processing personal data is required “in the exercise of official duty” or to perform a specific task in the public interest that is set out in law.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
Effective January 1, 2020, these additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies to California residents or someone domiciled in California, but is out of the state for a temporary or transitory time.
Information ArtistShare Collects falls into the following categories of the CCPA: (1) identifiers such as age and address, (2) personal information such as credit card number, (3) protected classification such as age and gender, (4) commercial information such as consuming tendencies, (5) internet activity such as interaction with the website, (6) geolocation data such as location of user’s device, (7) inference data such as preferences, and (8) professional and employment-related information.
Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the following rights under the CCPA:
• Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal data we collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you in the past twelve months. This includes a request to know any or all of the following: the specific pieces of personal data ArtistShare has collected about you; categories of personal data collected, sold and/or disclosed for business purposes; categories of sources from which we collected your personal data; ArtistShare business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal data.
• Right to Request: You have the right to request personal data that ArtistShare has collected and maintained about you in the past twelve months.
• Right to Opt-out: You have the right to “opt-out” at any time of the sale by ArtistShare of personal information described above.
• Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that ArtistShare delete certain collected information, subject to certain exceptions, such as ArtistShare right to investigate compliance with ArtistShare Terms and Conditions.
• Right to Non-discrimination: You have the right to non-discrimination for exercising rights under the CCPA. California residents may not be discriminated against in pricing and Services because they exercised any rights under the CCPA.
You may make a request for the disclosures, opt-out, or deletion described above by completing the Data Privacy Options Data Request Form (insert hyperlink) and submitting it to us through our Contact Us form or:
[contact info here]
ArtistShare will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. ArtistShare will not be able to comply with any request where we are unable to verify the identity of the User at issue.
We may use your information to offer you products and Services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications. If you are in the European Economic Area, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending you any marketing communications. You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. Full credit card numbers are never accessed by our system, and the most sensitive data we store, such as tax forms, are encrypted to keep them secure. To further protect your information, we suggest using a strong and unique password for your User Account.
Exercising Your Data Rights
You can exercise rights over your data in the following ways: Modifying the Information in Your User Account. You can modify or delete certain information associated with your User Account on the settings page.
Disabling Your User Account
You can disable your User Account at any time by contacting us with your request. Please be aware that this is a final act, and you cannot log into your User Account again after it has been disabled. When you disable your User Account, we immediately remove your ability to log in. If you create a new User Account, you will be asked to use a different email address from the one you used previously. Even if a User Account is disabled, some information may be retained by our analytics providers on their own servers.
Removing Marketing Emails
You can stop receiving marketing emails by changing your email settings. While this removes your marketing emails, service-related emails are still sent, including how you can optimize your ArtistShare experience and suggestions for which artists to follow.
Understanding Our Data Retention Periods
We retain your information for up to ten years, unless you contact us with a request for us to disable your User Account information from your User Account settings. Please note that once you disable your User Account, you will not be able to log in again. If you want to log into the Site again by creating a new User Account, you may be prompted to use a new email address from the one you previously used on your disabled User Account.
Additional Questions Related to Privacy
For additional privacy-related questions about your User Account, you may contact us.
• We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
• We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
• We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
• To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your User Account profie. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
• On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.