What you get
- High quality (320kps) MP3 download of “Suite for New York” – D.D. Jackson’s Justin Time recording featuring the same core group as on the new 2006 "Serenity" Recording
- A 1 hour streaming audio lecture recorded at the Vancouver Institute exploring the relationship between jazz and classical music, including D.D. Jackson’s solo performances
- 5 Streaming audio tracks culled from live performances of material from “Sigame” and “Suite for New York”
- A download of the ‘Suite For New York’ cover art and liner notes
- Exclusive streaming Audio Show reflections on “Suite for New York” - including the inspiration for the work as a reaction in part to the events of 9/11, D.D. Jackson’s attempts at bridging the worlds of jazz and classical with the work and other reflections
- A Downloadable essay on D.D. Jackson’s thoughts behind the making of “Suite for New York”
- Downloadable selected lead sheets for "Suite For New York"
- D.D. Jackson's Living Jazz: "Serenity" Project Experience
About This Offer
I am truly delighted to welcome you to my "Suite for New York" High Quality Download Participant Offer (320kbps Mp3). The Suite is especially dear to me, as it was the first piece in which I dived head first into an exploration of the relationship between the worlds of jazz and classical music in a score featuring string quartet; my core rhythm section of drummer Dafnis Prieto/bassist Ugonna Okegwo plus myself on piano; and jazz horns (including the great "Night of the Cookers" alto saxist James Spaulding). It is also a work that is both a celebration of my adoptive city of New York, and serves, through a series of "Invocations", as a meditation on the events of 9/11.
In addition to an immediately available high-quality download of my Justin Time "Suite for New York" CD, you will have access to the complete liner notes/album art, selected lead sheets, an upcoming detailed podcast describing my thoughts on the making of the work including piece-by-piece analysis/excerpts, streaming audio performances and more. I also thought it particularly appropriate in this offer to include a streaming audio lecture I gave at the Vancouver Institute last year on "Can Jazz Be Classical?" in which I perform several well-known hybrid pieces including Gerswhin's "Rhapsody in Blue" and "Second Prelude" and jazz standards such as "Carolina Shout" and explain why I think Gershwin's Rhapsody is such a successful hybrid work.
By purchasing this offer, you will also have access to the complete Living Jazz: "Serenity" Project Experience, including a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my new 2006 Justin Time "Serenity" recording and an accounting of my unfolding life experiences as a jazz musician in New York City. (The 2006 recording itself is available as a separate Participant Offer, complete with an Artistshare-only downloadable bonus track, streamable alternate takes and more).
So a warm welcome, and I hope you enjoy the Suite for New York High Quality Download Participant Offer!
THIS PROJECT WAS COMPLETED 12/6/2006