What you get
- Downloadable PDFs of solo parts for all 5 Concert in the Garden titles: in C, Bb, Eb, and F
- Downloadable MP3s of all 5 compositions from Concert in the Garden mixed "without" the improvised solos
- Bonus downloadable MP3 of "Evanescence" (the title–not the whole recording) mixed without the solos
- Streamed interviews with musicians from the Maria Schneider Orchestra about their approach to playing these solos
- Transcriptions of Greg Gisbert's flügel solo on the "Rumba" and Donny McCaslin's GRAMMY-nominated solo on the "Solea"
About This Offer
With this fun offer, you’ll get to do something even my own musicians don’t get to do—solo on every single solo on every single piece. This offer includes all the tracks from Concert in the Garden: "Concert in the Garden","Choro Dançado","Pas de Deux","Dança Ilusória" and the solos from the Soleá and Rumba from "Bulería, Soleá y Rumba"). We've also given you the bonus of "Evanescence" which we re-recorded at that recording session.
After you make your purchase, you’ll get to download MP3s of the tracks (minus the solos of course), and then additionally download PDFs of the solo parts in all keys. Beyond that, when you visit your account, you can stream interviews with the soloists from my group about their approach to playing these improvised sections. You'll also find transcriptions in this offer of the two magnificent solos from the Bulerias...
The MP3s have been edited so that each cut starts just a couple of phrases before your solo, so that you can keep on looping back without waiting through long sections. Solos can be played on any instrument.
The sections included in this offer are the piano/accordion exchange on ‘Concert in the Garden,’ the tenor and piano (there’s a shadow of the piano solo—it’s short—and we couldn’t get rid of it entirely in the mix) on ‘Choro Dançado,’ the trumpet and soprano on ‘Pas de Deux,’ the piano and trombone on ‘Dança Ilusória,’ the tenor and fluegel on ‘Bulería, Soleá y Rumba,’ and lastly, we put on a bonus track of ‘Evanescence,’ the tenor and trumpet solos. All totaled, it’s about 40 minutes of solo space. Have fun!
THIS PROJECT WAS COMPLETED 7/1/2004