- Prominent credit listing on the Femeninas recording
- Prominent credit listing on Voz Femenina permanent online virtual collection web portal
- A video narrated listening guide hosted by Edward Simon
- A private virtual concert for you and your friends
- An original lyric sheet, handwritten by Edward Simon
- The complete ArtistShare® Project Experience including access to the creative process behind the making of the recording
About this project
Songs written by Latin American female songwriters have yet to get the attention they deserve. These incredible songwriters have created beautiful songs that many of us feel should be internationally known.
With the help of my trio, and special guests percussionist Luis Quintero, and Mexican vocalist Magos Herrera, I will bring these songs, and their stories to life. This project will spotlight the forgotten contributions of Latin American women songwriters, alive, deceased, well-known, and unknown.
Welcome to my new project, Femeninas.
During the creative journey of this project, I will be capturing countless behind-the-scenes moments and adding them to the project experience. As part of the project experience, I will share the stories behind each of the songs that will form the repertoire. I will also share the stories of the women who wrote these songs, who they are or were as people, where they are from culturally, and how Magos and I came to know them.
In the end, our goal is to create a permanent online virtual collection showcasing these important composers and the creation of the new Voz Femenina prize for outstanding Latin American female songwriters.
Join me as I embark on a creative journey to celebrate the remarkable work and stories of Latin American female songwriters with my music.
Photo credit: Goren Sarruiegui-Simon