MSO Featuring You, Vol II Participant
What you get:
- The Sky Blue recording via download (128 kbps Mp3 - delivery date 7/24/07)
- Transcriptions of Donny McCaslin's and Greg Gisbert's solo on 'Buleria, Solea y Rumba'
- Downloadable MP3s of 'Solea' and 'Rumba,' minus improvised solos
- Downloadable PDFs of 2007 CD's solo parts in C Bb Eb and F
- Downloadable MP3s of 2007 CD's music, minus the improvised solos
- Streamed interviews with Donny and Greg about their work
Along the way, I'll share the creative process of composing my final work (inspired by birds and migration), take you inside rehearsals, give you early glimpses of the music, sharing all that we experience. It all arrives via written journals, streamed audio and video, and photo galleries. I want to wrap you in the excitement, intensity, and even fear and frustration that also enter into the process.
I'm looking forward to the birth of this new music that will ultimately be the collaboration of all the remarkable people I'll be surrounded by. As a participant, you’re making this all possible. Knowing that you're following along, anticipating what comes, makes me reach as far as I can to share something wonderful. I hope you'll take this journey with us by adding this or one of the other available offers to your cart.
This offer is dedicated to the black-throated blue warbler with its high-pitched, rather piercing sound. With all due respect, perhaps if it had the chance to practice soloing with the Maria Schneider Orchestra it might have developed a more blended sound, capable of greater harmonic detail. Unlike this warbler, you have the opportunity. It’s a regal bird with its steely blue back, wide black mask and stark white stomach. There’s something about the intensity and contrast, like simple wide brush strokes in saturated color that makes it a stunning bird.
Warbler photo courtesy of Cal Vornberger from his website, www.calvorn.com